SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Beauty | The Estee Edit Pore Vanishing Moisturiser


A few years ago when primers became a thing that weren't only used by professional make up artists but by the norm, I didn't jump on the bandwagon. I couldn't see how this cream or gel product was any different to a moisturiser, to be honest I still think that it isn't that different, and it just seemed to add another unnecessary step to my makeup routine. Fast forward a few years and I have tried quite a few primers and seen little difference in the overall outcome of my makeup. However, (bet you didn't see this coming), I was given a few products from the Estee Edit collection by Estee Lauder at the Glamour Beauty Festival and one of them was a primer....





Pore Vanishing Moisturiser Matte Hydrating Primer (really rolls off the tongue) - £21 

The Facts

Controls Oil
Blurs Imperfection
Hydrates Skin
Primes for makeup


As usual we'll start with the packaging, it's simple and looks like your bog standard moisturiser, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. It does however get a little dirty in your makeup bag as it's white packaging. It is a high end primer for £21 but you get 50ml and it does last a long time and after using this and comparing the outcome to cheaper primers I can understand what you're paying for, and it's not just the name!

This primer soaks up any excess oil on your skin whilst being an oil free product it also adds hydration to your skin with caffeine. It also contains salicylic acid which helps to prevent future break outs. I do find that this helps immensely to mattify my skin and it feel light and fresh to apply and I've used this alone on no makeup days with a little bit of powder and it takes most of the day for my T-Zone to become shiny. It also creates a smooth base for my foundation but it doesn't enhance the longevity of my makeup for the day which is a shame.

I am really impressed with this product and love using it I just don't know if I could bring myself to re-purchase it due to the price tag, perhaps it's one to ask for as a gift! I've been using it for 3 months and there is still tons left which is fabulous!


I'd love to know if you've tried anything from this range, let me know what you recommend.




KEEP SMILING



Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for reading my blog, I'd love you to leave a message. Feel free to leave a link to your blog too and I will check it out.